The Map section under the (User) Experience tab is where you find the settings that impact the look-and-feel as well as the behavior of the Map layout and response. The settings contained in the map panel changes the functions (map domain,zoom) and appearance of the map and provides an array of behaviors and selections of Google Map domains,language and additional functionality.
The following settings are available to manage the global functionality of the plugin. Shortcode attributes can override these settings.
- Center Map: This is where you enter an address, or a state, or a location or even a specific latitude and longitude to be displayed as the initial focus for the Map. If nothing is entered in this box , the default will be the center of the country of the Map domain selected. For example if you have selected the United States Google map domain then the center of your map will be somewhere in Kansas.
- Center Latitude Fallback: Center Longitude Fallback: These are the latitude/longitude settings that will be called if the Google server is “busy” or offline and not able to geocode or “call” to load your locations. If you reset to blank it will fill in with the Center latitude/longitude of the map domain you have chosen. You can have a different Lat/long fallback then your map domain or the center map if you so choose. If you do not add anything it will automatically fill with one of the two options described.
Basic Map drivers:
- Map domain: i.e., where you want Googles Map servers to look first. The default is United States if you do not choose from the drop down menu
- Map Language: choose from the drop down menu. This is the language used when sending amd receiving the location data from the Google Maps API.
- Zoom level: initial zoom level of the map if “immediately show locations” is NOT selected or if only a single location is found. For example 0 = world view, 19 = house view.
- Zoom adjustment: Changes how tight auto-zoom bounds the locations shown. Lower numbers are closer to the locations
- Map Height: The initial map height in pixels or percent of initial page height. Can also use rules like auto and inherit if Height Units is set to blank.
- Height Units: Is the width a percentage of page width or absolute pixel size? Select blank to use CSS rules like auto or inherit in the Map Height setting.
- Map Width: The initial map width in pixels or percent of page width. Also sets results width.Can also use rules like auto and inherit if Width Units is set to blank
- Map Type: Select from same type as you would find in Google Maps
Remove Credits: Check if you do not want credits showing on your map.
There are a variety of icons pre-loaded in the Store Locator Plus Plug-in. Icons are used to mark destination and home. There is also a “blank marker” if you do not wish a marker to be visible. (It is usually the second marker in the display, it may not show up so hover over it)